Job Title: Head of Office Ioannina
Location: Ioannina, Greece
Period: 3 months probation period –with possibility of renewal till 31/12/2019
- Background/ASB Summary:
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability.
ASB Foreign Aid
ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/migrants. In 2017 ASB Greece has built the technical facilities and shelters for the Diavata camp and it is currently operating the Site Management Support (SMS) role at this site. In 2018, ASB Greece took over also 3 camps in Epirus Region (Katsikas, Filippiada and Doliana). In 2019, ASB is continuing funded by the European Union, with the same capacity, yet adding Protection and Non-Formal Education along with the previous activities. ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki, while the Epirus regional office is in Ioannina.
- Job Overview/Summary:
The Head of Office in Ioannina manages all the operations in Ioannina in a day to day basis. This involves Finances, Human Resources, Logistics & Procurement in Ioannina. S/he leads the operations team in Ioannina, under the guidance of the Operations Coordinator, in collaboration with Finance Manager, Logistics & Procurement Manager/ Senior Officer and Human resources Manager- all based in Thessaloniki.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the administrative management of the office is kept in a high and professional level
- Fortifies all the operation procedures, in procurement, logistics, finance and HR
- Is the Regional Security Focal Point
- Directly supervises all Operations Base Staff
- Coordinates locally with the Area Coordinator and ensures smooth cooperation between Program Operations
Logistics & Procurement
- Follows up on the procurement plan in Ioannina, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager
- Heads the procurement related committees up to 50,000 euros, as direct delegate of Operations Coordinator
- Leads the procurement prioritization and supports the local Procurement Officer as such
- Ensures all the proper procedures of ASB’s Greece Procurement Guidelines are being upheld
- Ensures that all Fleet Planning is being made and followed, guiding the Ioannina Logistics Officer, including fleet follow up, driver selection, type of vehicles etc.
- Follows up the warehouse stock, movements and deliveries are being done in a highly qualitative way, by supervising the local Logistics Officer
- Keeps the IT compliance Level to high standards- ensuring regular follows up – following the lead of the IT officer
- Approves payments up to petty cash limit, for Ioannina base
- Approves vouchers of petty-cash and controls documentation related to vouchers
- Performs cash-counts and month-end reconciliation, for Ioannina base
- Along with the Finance Officer, ensures that all the Ioannina based personnel are informed about the financial procedures
- Ensures the on-time presence of the staff in the office
- Follows up the HR Officer on the ensuring the legal compliance of the Ioannina base (overtimes, leaves, work accidents etc.)
- Controls the current follow up of HR filing, in collaboration with the HR Officer
- Strengthens the role of the HR Officer, by advising staff about their rights, obligations and issues
- Ensures confidentiality in sensitive issues, along with the HR Officer.
- Plans and oversees all team building related activities
Regional Security Focal Point (RSFP)
- Leads all safety and security related actions in Region
- Performs 3monthly local safety and security assessments, in collaboration with the CSFP
- Drafts and is responsible for the camp safety and security SOP’s
- Implements all safety and security related policies, in regional level
- Follows up the security incidents and reports
- Files all the relevant incident reports, according to ASB internal safety and security guidelines
- Is responsible for the safety and security of all the visitors related to the ASB activities in Ioannina base and camps
- Communicates officially, with the all the safety and security actors in the regions (State, NGOs etc.)
- Reports bi-weekly to the Operations Coordinator, or according to needs
- Represent Ioannina Operations in Monthly Operations Management Meetings
Operations Staff Management
- Directly Supervises all Ioannina Operations Staff (presence, leaves, timesheets, overall attitude)
- Is responsible for the day to coordination between Ioannina Operations staff
- Allocates specific daily tasks to Ioannina Operations staff
- Follows up technical stuff of the Ioannina Operations Staff, as assigned by the technical managers
- Delivers evaluations for Ioannina Operations Staff, in collaboration with the technical managers
- Collaborates directly with the Area Coordinator and the rest of the Program staff, to keep a smooth line between Programmatic activities and Operational necessities
- Visits regularly the camps, representing Operations, for security reasons but as well for contributing on the overall presence of the Operations departments
- Supports the operations staff, by undertaking tasks during leaves (of any nature) or during extra work load, as instructed by the Operation Coordinator
- Covers up the gap of Operations staff in case of resignation, long term illnesses etc.
- During his/her work, uphold all relevant ASB standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender protection, the environment and other important cross-cutting concerns
- Fully comply with the ASB safety and security procedures
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position. All staff of ASB is expected to be flexible and contribute constructively towards achieving the goals of ASB in Greece.
- Reports to:
- Staff Management:
Operations Officers in Ioannina (Logisticians, Finance Officers, HR/Admin Officers)
- Logistics Manager
- Finance Manager
- HR Manager
- Area Coordinator (Ioannina)
- Completed university degree, logistics, finance, business or other related study;
- Minimum five (5) years of professional work experience, with at least three (2) year of experience working with NGOs;
- Experience with donor regulations from DG HOME and IoM;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, flexible and wide understanding of the community’s needs;
- Greek National, or legally allowed to work in Greece;
- Spoken and written fluency Greek and English, other languages would be an asset;
- Patience, a ‘can-do’ mentality and a good sense of humour;
- Strong IT-skills in excel and word;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently;
- Ready to deploy in Ioannina on the mentioned date;
- Accommodation is not provided -ASB will cover 7 days of hotel facilitation for staff relocated to Ioannina;
- Openness to accept ASB’s Greece working values, such as:
- Open, Honest and Professional Relationships
- On time, Open and clear horizontally and vertically communication
- Positive Team Work
- Productive attitude to excellence
- Recognition and rewarding
- Pride for the Humanitarian Orientation
- Willingness for the extra mile
- Collaboration for professional evolution, training and learning
- Standard twenty-four days of paid leave per year (plus seniority legal additions);
- Extra consideration on maternal/ paternal leaves and kid related leaves;
- Flexible working schedule, with rolling starting hours;
- Extra private life and accident insurance;
- Relocation accommodation bonus, 7 days if the applicant is not a resident, plus flexibility in working schedule the first 15 days to fulfil accommodation research;
- Organizational phone, with monthly credit;
- Transportation to and from work, with an organizational mini bus;
- Vehicle for trips outside of the main office perimeter;
- Base of Position
- Length of contract
12 Months (3 months of evaluation period plus 9 months or regular fixed term contract if evaluation period is positive).
- Howto apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit their CV and Cover Letter in English to the following address: email@example.com stating the “ HEAD-OFFICE ” in the subject field.
The deadline for application submission isFebruary 25th2019at 23:59hrs.
By applying to this Job Advertisement, the applicant concedes that ASB Greece will manage any data provided by her/ him until the end of this process and only.
If the applicant wishes for the data to be kept for a period of 6 months, in order to be included in other similar recruitment process, should be clearly stated in the application email by copying the exact following:
“ I concede and allow ASB Greece to keep the documents/ files and data included in them, for a period of 6 months, starting from the date of dispatch, and in order to be used only for the purpose of further recruitment that I might be suitable. I have the right to recall this consent at any point, by sending a written application in the form of email to firstname.lastname@example.org”.