Job Title: Assistant / Logistics and Administration
Location: Thessaloniki, Northern Greece
Period: 3 months- with possibility of extension
Salary: Level 2 (Skilled worker/ assistant)
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability.
ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/migrants. In 2017 ASB Greece has built the technical facilities and shelters for the Diavata camp and it is currently operating the Site Management Support (SMS) role at this site. Through our partners WAHA and ARSIS, ASB also supports the provision of health and protection services towards refugees and migrants in Greece. Our main donor is DG ECHO, but we have also received funds from the German Foreign Ministry and own private donations. The ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki.
Currently ASB Greece is having operations both in Thessaloniki (Diavata) and Epirus Region (Katsikas, Filipiada, Konitsa and Doliana) of Greece. The central office of ASB in Epirus is in Ioannina – reporting towards the main country office in Thessaloniki.
The Logistics and Administration Assistant supports the operations department and reports towards the Senior Logistics officer based in Thessaloniki. S/he is an essential part of the team and ensures that all needs in terms of logistics and administartion are met, in line with ASB and Donor regulation.
General Task and Responsibilities:
- Helps to facilitate all the logistics and operational processes in Thessaloniki, in line with ASB procedures;
- Supports other operational processes in the office and at the project sites.
- Together with the logistics and Procurement Officer facilitate all procurement processes, in line with ASB’s and the donor’s procurement policy;
- Assists the logistics officer with reports, inventories & all other data he/she may need.
- Keeps & updates all procurement & logistics files with all the relevant hardcopies.
- Ensures proper filing of all contracts, procurements, purchases, vendors and other documents related to logistics and procurement.
- Keeps and updates all HR files with all the relevant hardcopies.
- Assures staff timesheets submission and filing
- Tracks and monitors staff leaves, sick leaves and absences
- Advertises new job vacancies
- Collects ad updates hiring documents/personnel files
- Assures that all required administrative formalities are respected (staff contract registration, social security registration, medical insurance registration, etc.)
- During his/her work, uphold all relevant ASB standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles;
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender, protection, the environment and other important cross-cutting concerns;
- Fully comply with the ASB safety and security procedures.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position. All staff of ASB is expected to be flexible and contribute constructively towards achieving the goals of ASB in Greece.
Reports to: Senior Logistics Officer in Thessaloniki
- Directly: None
- Indirectly: None
Collaborations: Base Operations Staff (Logisticians, Finance Officers, HR/ Admin Officers)
- Completed higher, education in business administration, logistics or human resources
- Minimum three (2) years of professional work experience, with at least one (1) year of experience working with NGOs;
- Experience with Greek procurement regulation and donor regulations from DG ECHO and German Foreign Ministry;
- Good knowledge of tender procedures according to Greek legislation & donors guidelines.
- Good knowledge for contract drafting.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, flexible and wide understanding of the community’s needs;
- Greek National, or legally allowed to work in Greece;
- Spoken and written fluency Greek and English, other languages would be an asset;
- Patience, a ‘can-do’ mentality and a good sense of humour;
- Strong IT-skills in excel and word;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
How to apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit their CV and Cover Letter in English to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position in the subject field.
The deadline for submission is June 18th 2018.
By applying to this Job Advertisement, the applicant concedes that ASB Greece will
manage any data provided by her/ him until the end of this process and only.
If the applicant wishes for the data to be kept for a period of 6 months, in order to be included in other similar
recruitment process, should be clearly stated in the application email by copying the exact following:
“I concede and allow ASB Greece to keep the documents/ files and data included in them, for a period
of 6 months, starting from the date of dispatch, and in order to be used only for the purpose of further
recruitment that I might be suitable. I have the right to recall this consent at any point, by sending a
written application in the form of email to email@example.com” .