The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organisation with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organisation and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability. ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq (KRI) and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/migrants. The ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki.
Job Overview/Summary: The Camp Coordinator is responsible for the proper functionality, coordination and activity reporting at Diavata/Anagnostopoulou site in Thessaloniki. Under the direct supervision of the Country Director and in collaboration with the SMS Manager, the Camp Coordinator will support the relevant Greek Authorities on site, identify current and future gaps, avoid duplication of activities and oversee the day to day management.
Reports to: Country Director
- Oversee the daily management of Diavata site in collaboration with the SMS Manager which include but not limited to WASH, maintenance, cleaning services, security etc.;
- Identify gaps and needs in service provision and develop proactive solutions in agreement with the responsible Greek authorities;
- Identify, design and implement standardized CCCM tools, conduct capacity building trainings on the tools developed for all site staff and Greek Authorities;
- Participate at the weekly coordination meetings and report back;
- Work closely with sector-specific focal points to ensure integration between SMS and other sectors;
- Contribute to the development of site reports, advocacy and policy notes and other SMS reports as required.
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager to ensure division of spending is done within ASB and ECHO regulations;
- Collaborate with Procurement Officer to develop site procurement plans and market assessments;
- Conduct monthly risk analysis in collaboration with the SMS Manager
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in INGOs, specifically working on site in similar environment;
- Bachelor degree in international development, Administration or any other relevant field of study. Master degree preferred;
- Knowledge of Greek and/or Arabic, Farsi is an asset;
- Strong organizational skills and flexibility when required;
- Budgetary control and financial management skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Security management experience is a plus.
The candidate must be prepared to spend extended working hours in what may be adverse weather conditions or stressful environments, often standing or moving around for long periods of time.
Working schedule: Office hours and on a call basis in case of emergency
- All Site officers are required to adhere to THE ASB Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the ASB country employment policies.
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct every day – in the site and in the community.
- Maintain confidentiality
ASB is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please send your application to:
Subject line: “Camp Coordinator”
Only electronic applications accepted. Deadline for applications is June 5th, 2017.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who are not selected will not receive a rejection letter.