The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability.
ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/ migrants. In 2017 ASB Greece has built the technical facilities and shelters for the Diavata camp and it is currently operating the Site Management Support (SMS) role at this site. Through our partners WAHA and ARSIS, ASB also supports the provision of health and protection services towards refugees and migrants in Greece. In 2018 ASB expects to continue providing these services, possibly at more locations throughout Greece. Our main donor is DG ECHO, but we have also received funds from the German Foreign Ministry and own private donations. The ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki.
Currently ASB Greece is looking into expanding its operations into the Epirus Region of Greece. Although still under consideration of the donor and awaiting approval of the Greek Government – ASB hopes to implement SMS-services in four camps in the Epirus region: Katsikas, Filipiada, Konitsa and Doliana. These services will also include WASH/Shelter services. The central office of ASB in Epirus will be located in Ioannina – reporting towards the main country office in Thessaloniki. For this field office ASB also needs qualified staff.
Hopefully ASB will be able to start the project by 15/02/2018. By this time, ASB is looking for the following staff members:
- 1 Head of Office 180129-Job-Description-Head-of-Office-Ioannina-1.pdf (249 downloads) ;
- 1 Area Coordinator 180129-Job-Description-Coordinator-Area-Coordinator-1.pdf (270 downloads) ;
- 3 Drivers 180127-Job-Description-Unskilled-Worker-Driver.pdf (238 downloads) ;
- 6 Camp Assistants 180127-Job-Description-Skilled-Worker-Camp-Assistant-6.pdf (378 downloads) ;
- 3 Plumbers 180112-Job-Description-Skilled-Worker-Plumber.pdf (74 downloads) ;
- 2 Electricians 180127-Job-Description-Skilled-Worker-Electrician-2.pdf (45 downloads) ;
- 3 Translators 180128-Job-Description-Expert-Translator-3.pdf (204 downloads) ;
- 4 SMS Officers 180128-Job-Description-Officer-SMS-4.pdf (400 downloads) ;
- 3 WASH/Shelter Officers 180128-Job-Description-Officer-WASH-Shelter-3.pdf (243 downloads) ;
- 1 Logistics and Procurement Officer 180129-Job-Description-Officer-Logistics-and-Procurement.pdf (137 downloads) ;
- 1 Warehouse Assistant 180129-Job-Description-Skilled-Worker-Warehouse-Assistant.pdf (178 downloads) ;
- 1 Finance Officer 180129-Job-Description-Officer-Finance-1.pdf (142 downloads) ;
- 1 Admin Assistant 180129-Job-Description-Skilled-Worker-Administration-Assistant-1.pdf (219 downloads) .
How to apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit an application letter and a CV – outlining the candidates’ suitability for the position and their motivation for joining ASB’s team in Greece. This should be done in English – clearly stating the position in the subject field. At this time, it is not necessary to add additional documents such as professional certificates and references.
All submissions have to be send via email in either word or PDF format and have to be send to ASB’s email address HR@ASB.GR. Deadline for submission is 02 February 2018.
The actual job offer depends on the final approval from the donor. Upon approval all staff should be able to start work no later than 15/02/2018. When a qualified candidate presents him/herself, ASB has the right to shorten the application procedure.