|Job Title:||Project Logistician/ Administrator Expert|
|Period:||20 June 2018- 20 September 2018 with possibility of extension|
- Background/ASB Summary:
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability.
ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/migrants. In 2017 ASB Greece has built the technical facilities and shelters for the Diavata camp and it is currently operating the Site Management Support (SMS) role at this site. Through our partners WAHA and ARSIS, ASB also supports the provision of health and protection services towards refugees and migrants in Greece. Our main donor is DG ECHO, but we have also received funds from the German Foreign Ministry and own private donations. The ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki.
Currently ASB Greece is having operations both in Thessaloniki (Diavata) and Epirus Region (Katsikas, Filipiada, Konitsa and Doliana) of Greece. The central office of ASB in Epirus is in Ioannina – reporting towards the main country office in Thessaloniki.
Due to the latest influx of refugees, ASB has been awarded with the project to expand the existing current sites of Philippiada and Katsikas, in Epirus. For that purpose, an experienced Project Logistician is needed, with background in construction related projects, to support logistically and administratively this demanding technical work.
- Job Overview/Summary:
The Project Logistician/ Administrator supports the Operations department and reports towards the Senior Logistics Officer and Head of Office). S/he is an essential part of the Operations team, in line with ASB and Donor regulation.
General Task and Responsibilities:
- Fully overviews the logistics of the Katsikas- Philippiada expansion project in Epirus region
- Supports the Technical Program team in the expansion project
- Keeps administrative track of the Project and follows up accordingly.
Take-over/ Lead the Tender Procedure
- Supervises directly the Project Tender Procedures (Main and Side Tenders)
- Overviews the Project Tender Documents
- Checks the quality of the -Project Tender Procedures
- Coordinates the Project Tender Meetings, Either internal or External
- Supports the Program Team with Q&A meetings with Suppliers
- Manages the Outcomes of the Project Tender Procedure
- Files and Archives all related Project Tender Related Documents
- Writes and finetunes all project related contracts
- Overviews the Tender Contract Templates
- Negotiates the Contract Terms with Successful bidder(s)
- Coordinates the contract compilation amongst all departments (Technical, Finance, Logistics)
- Manages the contract Follow up, after its acceptance
Project Logistics Follow up
- Supervises all the logistical needs of the Project (side purchases, POs and Contracting)
- Overviews ASB Logistic/ Procurement Procedures during the Project
- Coordinates all movements with regards to the project, alongside with Base Logistician
- Support the ICT needs of the project, alongside Base Logistician
- Manages all stock requests related to the project
- Checks, along with technical staff, timelines and thus collaborates with the contractor on meeting the deadlines
Project Administrative Follow Up
- Overviews all project Filling Procedures
- Checks all project milestones and ensures all supporting documents have been received
- Coordinates with program over the quality of the deliverables
- Supports Finance and HR department to follow up the project
- Writes and deliver necessary weekly reports about the operational side of the project
- Involvement on Security related tasks
- Involvement on side projects, related to ASB’s overall presence in the Area
- Trains and Advices Technical Program Staff on Operational Regulations.
- Any other task as required by the supervisor
- During his/her work, uphold all relevant ASB standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles;
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender, protection, the environment and other important cross-cutting concerns;
- Fully comply with the ASB safety and security procedures.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position. All staff of ASB is expected to be flexible and contribute constructively towards achieving the goals of ASB in Greece.
- This position might include extensive field presence, along with office related tasks
- This position would require traveling to ASB’s main office
- Reports to:
Operations Senior Officer (Technically)
Ioannina Head of Office (Functionally)
- Staff Management
- Directly: None
- Indirectly: None
5 .Collaborations: Base Operations Staff (Logisticians, Finance Officers, HR/ Admin Officers)
- Greek National, or legally allowed to work in Greece;
- Completed Bachelor education or higher, Logistics- Supply Chain/ Project Management/ Engineering or other related study;
- Minimum Five (5) years of professional work experience, with at least One (1) years of experience working with NGOs, ideally at a Logistics position in a construction Project.
- Strong IT-skills, with very good capacity in spreadsheets and text processing applications;
- Solid Proven Experience on Tenders, both on private and public sector
- Solid Prove Experience on Contract Writing and following up
- Excellent organizing and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, flexible and wide understanding of the community’s needs;
- Perfect Greek and Fluency in English are a must;
- Patience, a ‘can-do’ mentality.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Strong personality, ability to manage a variety of intra-organizational teams
- Diplomacy, ability to negotiate with suppliers/ contractors and authorities
7. How to apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit their CV and Cover Letter in English to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position in the subject field.
The deadline for submission is June 12th 2018 .
By applying to this Job Advertisement, the applicant concedes that ASB Greece will manage any data provided by her/ him until the end of this process and only.
If the applicant wishes for the data to be kept for a period of 6 months, in order to be included in other similar recruitment process, should be clearly stated in the application email by copying the exact following:
” I concede and allow ASB Greece to keep the documents/ files and data included in them, for a period of 6 months, starting from the date of dispatch, and in order to be used only for the purpose of further recruitment that I might be suitable. I have the right to recall this consent at any point, by sending a written application in the form of email to email@example.com” .