Due to the latest influx of refugees, ASB has been awarded with the project to expand the existing current sites of Philippiada and Katsikas, in Epirus. Plus, the residents in Diavata camp have doubled. Therefore, ASB staff is going to be increased significantly, thus the need for a dedicated IT person has been identified, to ensure quality and support on relevant matters. Moreover, the new GDPR guideline from EU, has made the presence of such a position imperative.
Job Title: IT Roving Officer
Location: Thessaloniki / Ioannina
Salary: Level 3 (Officer)
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability.
ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/migrants. In 2017 ASB Greece has built the technical facilities and shelters for the Diavata camp and it is currently operating the Site Management Support (SMS) role at this site. Through our partners WAHA and ARSIS, ASB also supports the provision of health and protection services towards refugees and migrants in Greece. Our main donor is DG ECHO, but we have also received funds from the German Foreign Ministry and own private donations. The ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki.
Currently ASB Greece is having operations both in Thessaloniki (Diavata) and Epirus Region (Katsikas, Filipiada, Konitsa and Doliana) of Greece. The central office of ASB in Epirus is in Ioannina – reporting towards the main country office in Thessaloniki.
Due to the latest influx of refugees, ASB has been awarded with the project to expand the existing current sites of Philippiada and Katsikas, in Epirus. Plus, the residents in Diavata camp have been doubled. Therefore, ASB staff is going to be increased significantly, thus the need for a dedicated IT person has been identified, to ensure quality and support on relevant matters. Moreover, the new GDPR guideline from EU, has made the presence of such a position imperative.
General Task and Responsibilities:
Create or maintain the IT system in all ASB offices and ensure the proper functioning of equipment and network to meet office needs and demands in coordination with Operational Coordinaton. Cooperate with Program and Operations departments to ensure timely and effective troubleshooting on IT related issues. Support ASB offices with software and hardware solutions.
Policies and Trainings:
- Create and distribute the ASB IT Systems Policy on appropriate use. Orient staff on appropriate use and monitor use activities to ensure adherence to these policies.
- Conduct staff training on computer basics and the use of MS Office applications and networking. Assist, as needed, with developing databases or other windows application needs for program and operational staff;
Security and Back Up:
- Regularly update anti-virus programs are ensuring the entire network and computers are virus-free;
- Establish a clear, back-up modus operandi for the ASB offices in Greece and undertake the necessary steps for this activity including designing a schedule and materials list. Ensure back up and archives are made and stored as scheduled;
Network / LAN:
- Undertake the repairing and maintaining of LAN-s, internet systems and general IT maintenance and training in the ASB offices – as per needs outlined by the Head of Office and Operations Manager.
- Maintain an efficient Local Area Network for ASB office. Do not change the current design of configurations without written approval by Head of Office and Country Director. Current designs are appropriate for the programmatic needs for the ASBH offices and any additions or changes require prior approval and planning.
- Oversee repair of computers and IT equipment at a local level, when possible – facilitate and advise on best, safest and most economic solutions.
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment in ASB offices. Facilitate the purchase of items through the Procurement Department.
- Assist in the identifying specification, relocation and assembly of any equipment including computers, printers, accessories and satellite systems in all Greek offices, as required;
- Assist in administration functions as needed; assist logistics staff in inventorying and tracking IT assets.
- Maintain proper documentation of all IT equipment including; system profiles, warranties and IT stock/accessories; Organize and maintain central filing system of satellite systems in ASB Greece;
- Advise and assist implement IT related programmatic activities including information provision with/without online updates
- Work closely with program team to improve and enhance IT related aspects of the programs
Privacy and Data Management:
- Responsible use and confidentiality of any information identified as sensitive;
- Responsible for any security issue related to data protection and management.
- Any other task as required by the supervisor
- During his/her work, uphold all relevant ASB standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles;
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender, protection, the environment and other important cross-cutting concerns;
- Fully comply with the ASB safety and security procedures.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position. All staff of ASB is expected to be flexible and contribute constructively towards achieving the goals of ASB in Greece.
Note: The position requires frequent travels to Ioannina, with overnight staying for more than one day, or wherever ASB is or is going to be having activities.
Senior Logistics Officer
Collaborations: Ioannina Head of Office
- BS/BA in Information technology or related field. MS/MA preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience in information technology system (IT) is required with focus on managing projects with time sensitive deliverables in complex settings.
- Experience in both hardware and software requirements in local area networking (LAN)
- Experience in the configuration of internal email system as per the local area networking (LAN)
- Exclusive knowledge of internet, proxy, pop mail, and TCPIP settings, Linux and windows applications.
- Experience for upright maintenance of all internet account, Logins and account status
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is required
- Ability to troubleshoot, plan and design low maintenance systems is a must
- Ability to trouble-shoot and maintain both wireless and cable connections is required
- Must understand, follow and implement existing policies on IT equipment use and best practices.
- Effective verbal and written communication in Greek and English is required
- Availability to travel between office locations is required
How to apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit their CV and Cover Letter in English to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position in the subject field.
The deadline for submission is July 20th 2018.
By applying to this Job Advertisement, the applicant concedes that ASB Greece will
manage any data provided by her/ him until the end of this process and only.
If the applicant wishes for the data to be kept for a period of 6 months, in order to be included in other similar
recruitment process, should be clearly stated in the application email by copying the exact following:
“I concede and allow ASB Greece to keep the documents/ files and data included in them, for a period
of 6 months, starting from the date of dispatch, and in order to be used only for the purpose of further
recruitment that I might be suitable. I have the right to recall this consent at any point, by sending a
written application in the form of email to email@example.com” .