The Procurement Officer will work under the Logistics & Procurement Manager based in Thessaloniki.
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Department: Operations/ Logistics
Period: 3 months probationary period with the possibility of renewal till the end of the year
1. Background/ASB Summary:
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability.
ASB Foreign Aid:
ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/migrants. In 2017 ASB Greece built the technical facilities and shelters for the Diavata camp. In 2018, ASB Greece acquired three accommodation sites in the Epirus Region (Katsikas, Filippiada and Doliana). In 2019, ASB with the funding of the Directorate – General for Migration and Home Affairs of the European Union (DG HOME) and in coordination with IOM is implementing the “Improving the Greek Reception System Through Site Management Support and Targeted Interventions in Long – Term Accommodation Sites” project. The project focuses on Site Management Support (SMS) services and includes Protection and Non-Formal Education. In 2020 ASB with the funding of the Directorate – General for Migration and Home Affairs of the European Union (DG HOME) and in coordination with IOM will implement the Program “Supporting the Greek Authorities in Managing the National Reception System for Asylum Seekers and Vulnerable Migrants (SMS)”. The ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki, while the Epirus regional office is in Ioannina.
2. Job Overview/Summary:
The Procurement Officer will work under the Logistics & Procurement Manager based in Thessaloniki. S/he is an essential part of the team in Thessaloniki and ensures that all needs in terms of procurement are met, in line with ASB and Donor regulations.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performs all the routine procurement procedures, under the supervision of the Logistics Manager
- Leads all outstanding procurement processes, under the guidance of the Logistics Manager
- Undertakes the filling and archiving of the procurement related documentation
3. Specific Tasks:
- Follows up the procurement plan, as given by the Logistics Manager
- Receives the relevant PRs from the Program Department
- Prioritizes the tasks, under the guidelines of the Logistics Manager
- Process each PR, according to ASB’s internal rules and regulations.
- Communicates accordingly with suppliers and gathers quotations
- Forms relevant committees and facilitates procurement selection meetings
- Drafts the relevant documentation, requesting validation from the Logistics Manager
- Gathers the relevant signatures/ authorizations, and proceeds to orders
- Directs the relevant deliveries to the receivers
- Completes the relevant documentation and forwards to finance
- Archives the relevant documentation for the Logistics Department
- Draft Invitation to Quotes, contracts/framework agreements and PBS
- Organize tender of committees
- Follow up contracts and framework agreements
- Undertakes the role of the facilitator, as assigned by the Logistics Manager
- Supports the Logistics manager in drafting the project planning
- Complies with the relevant ASB regulations and ensures a solid procedure
- Keeps the timing of the whole process and indicates changing factors
- Follows the lead of the legal department, where needed
- Chairs all necessary meetings, as assigned by the logistics manager
- Supports other Logistics team members, if needed to support the process
Organizing and Administration
- Updates and maintain the PR follow up list
- Update and maintain the supplier’s list
- Drafts and Completes all relevant contracts and Purchase Orders, under the supervision of the Logistics Manager
- Keeps the procurement archive according to ASB’s regulations, both physical and digitalized
The extra- mile
- Supports, when and as requested by the Logistics Manager, the coordination among regions, and the other Procurement Officers physically or via remote support.
- Proposes and organizes the basis for framework agreements, along with the Logistics Manager
- Works closely along with the Logistics Officer/ ICT officer and is part of specific task achieving groups
- Collaborates with the program officers, understanding their needs and giving valuable feedback on planned procurement, under the instructions of the Logistics Manager
- Participates in procurement or other logistics related meetings, advises the Logistics Manager accordingly
- Provides with expertise in procurement and works towards improvement of the whole department, by giving feedback on procedures, documentation and outstanding issues
- During his/her work, uphold all relevant ASB standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles;
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender, protection, the environment and other important cross-cutting concerns;
- Fully comply with the ASB safety and security procedures;
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position. All staff of ASB is expected to be flexible and contribute constructively towards achieving the goals of ASB in Greece.
4. Reports to: Logistics & Procurement Manager
5. Staff Management: None
6. Collaborations: a) Logistics Officer, b) Finance Officers, c) IT officer
- Completed high school education or higher, logistics, finance, business or other related study;
- Minimum three (3) years of professional work experience, one (1) to two (2) years of experience working with NGOs would be highly appreciated.
- Experience with Greek procurement regulation.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, flexible and wide understanding of the community’s needs;
- Greek National, or legally allowed to work in Greece;
- Spoken and written fluency Greek and English, other languages would be an asset;
- Patience, a ‘can-do’ mentality and a good sense of humour;
- Strong IT-skills in excel and word;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Openness to accept ASB’s Greece working values, such as
- 1. Open, Honest and Professional Relationships
- 2. On time, Open and clear horizontally and vertically communication
- 3. Transparency
- 4. Integrity
- 5. Positive Team Work
- 6. Productive attitude to excellence
- 7. Recognition and rewarding
- 8. Pride for the Humanitarian Orientation
- 9. Willingness for the extra mile
- 10. Collaboration for professional evolution, training and learning
- Standard twenty-four days of paid leave per year (plus seniority legal additions);
- Extra private life and accident insurance;
- Relocation accommodation bonus, 7 days if applicable to the position
- Organizational phone, with monthly credit;
- Transportation to and from work, with an organizational mini bus;
9. Base of Position: Thessaloniki, Greece
10. Length of contract: 3 months probationary period with the possibility of renewal till the end of the year.
11. How to apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit their CV and Cover Letter in English to the following address: email@example.com clearly stating the “PROC-OFF/SKG” on the subject field.
The deadline for application submission is August 5th, 2020 at 23:59 hrs.
By applying to this Job Advertisement, the applicant concedes that ASB Greece will manage any data provided by her/ him until the end of this process and only.
If the applicant wishes for the data to be kept for a period of 6 months, in order to be included in other similar recruitment process, should be clearly stated in the application email by copying the exact following:
“ I concede and allow ASB Greece to keep the documents/ files and data included in them, for a period of 6 months, starting from the date of dispatch, and in order to be used only for the purpose of further recruitment that I might be suitable. I have the right to recall this consent at any point, by sending a written application in the form of email to firstname.lastname@example.org ”.