The Logistics Officer supports the Operations Department of ASB in Epirus and reports towards the Head of Ioannina Office, and with the technical supervision of the Logistics Manager based in Thessaloniki
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Location: Ioannina, Epirus
Period: 3 months probationary period with a possibility of extension
1. Background/ASB Summary:
The “Arbeiter-Samariter-Bund Deutschland (ASB)” is a German aid and welfare organization with more than 300 branches at national, regional, district and municipal level all over Germany. More than 1.2 million members provide a broad social basis for our organization and more than 20,000 employees as well as over 17,000 volunteers form part of the ASB ensuring a high level of quality in areas such as rescue services, civil protection and social services. Since its foundation in 1888, the ASB has acted as a politically and denominationally independent association ensuring a high level of continuity and reliability.
ASB Foreign Aid:
ASB Foreign Aid Department provides both direct emergency relief to people hit by man-made or natural disasters and longer-term rehabilitation measures designed to promote recovery and to rapidly help restore the livelihood of refugees, internally displaced persons and other vulnerable people. ASB currently has a portfolio of more than 50 relief, rehabilitation, development and DRR projects in countries like Niger, Nicaragua, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Indonesia, Nepal, Haiti, Georgia, Ukraine, Iraq and Greece.
ASB started its activities in Greece in March 2016, focusing on the provision of Humanitarian Aid to refugees/migrants. In 2017 ASB Greece built the technical facilities and shelters for the Diavata camp. In 2018, ASB Greece acquired three accommodation sites in the Epirus Region (Katsikas, Filippiada and Doliana). In 2019, ASB with the funding of the Directorate – General for Migration and Home Affairs of the European Union (DG HOME) and in coordination with IOM is implementing the “Improving the Greek Reception System Through Site Management Support and Targeted Interventions in Long – Term Accommodation Sites” project. The project focuses on Site Management Support (SMS) services and includes Protection and Non-Formal Education. The ASB country office is based in Thessaloniki, while the Epirus regional office is in Ioannina.
2. Job Overview/Summary:
The Logistics Officer supports the Operations Department of ASB in Epirus and reports towards the Head of Ioannina Office, and with the technical supervision of the Logistics Manager based in Thessaloniki: S/he is an essential part of the team in Ioannina and ensures that all needs in terms of logistics are met, in line with ASB and Donor regulations.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performs all the logistics processes in Epirus, in line with ASB procedures
- Supports all operational processes in the office and at the project sites
- Performs all the routine logistics procedures, under the supervision of the Logistics Manager and Head of Office
- Supports the filling and archiving of the logistics related documentation
3. Specific Tasks
- Supervises in a daily basis and coordinates the team of ASB drivers based in Epirus.
- Oversees the fleet management Responsible for planning, coordinating and monitoring the schedule of daily/weekly transportation of ASB personnel in Ioannina Region, under collaboration with program officers
- Supervising and ensuring the condition of the Fleet and keeps proper records of car/travel related documentation i.e. fuel consumption and other operational costs
- Organises & Supports the management of office, warehouse and inventory of ASB in Ioannina – keeps track of the office’s needs in supplies and consumables
- Oversee track of all goods movement and collaborate in keeping an updated inventory
- Keeps & updates all logistics files with all the relevant hardcopies; reports, inventories & all other data including procurement documents relative to stock and assets
- Performs the induction of the newly hired members of the organization in the Logistics department procedures
- Ensures proper filing of all contracts, procurements, purchases, vendors and other documents related to logistics
- Responsible for the overall management of the ASB Warehouse and the Warehouse Assistant(s)
- Responsible for supervising, coordinating and monitoring the reception of goods and items from suppliers- transporters to the Warehouse
- Responsible for coordinating and keeping track of the transportation of goods-items to and from the Sites, as requested, in coordination with the SMS teams
- Supervising and accountable for holding the Warehouse assistant responsible for updating the Warehouse recorder and stock inventories accordingly.
- Responsible for monitoring the Stock consumption and maintenance, notifying Program teams about potential shortages in stock, expiration dates, in coordination with the Warehouse Assistant(s)
- Responsible for ensuring that the Warehouse facility is well maintained, including ensuring that goods and items are appropriately stored and maintained.
- Performs all the Asset registration, monitoring, handover processes and keeps track of the assets & attractive items lists
- Supervises and keeps track of the FIXED ASSETS-INVENTORY LIST
- Keeps & updates all logistics files with all the relevant hardcopies
- Closely coordinates with the finance department payment of invoices and bills for running costs
The extra- mile:
- Supports, when and as requested by the Logistics Manager the coordination among regions, and the other Logistics Officers physically or via remote support.
- Proposes and organizes the basis for framework agreements, along with the Head of Office, Logistics Manager
- Works closely along with the Procurement Officer / ICT officer and is part of specific task achieving groups
- Participates in logistics related meetings, and opening tender procedures, advises the Head of Office or/and Logistics Manager accordingly
- Collaborates with the program officers, understanding their needs and giving valuable feedback on planned procurement, under the instructions of the Head of Office or/and Logistics Manager
- Provides with expertise in logistics and works towards improvement of the whole department, by giving feedback on procedures, documentation and outstanding issues
- During his/her work, uphold all relevant ASB standards, codes of conduct, and humanitarian principles
- Act in a way that is sensitive to gender, protection, the environment and other important cross-cutting concerns
- Fully comply with the ASB safety and security procedures
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with position. All staff of ASB is expected to be flexible and contribute constructively towards achieving the goals of ASB in Greece.
4. Reports to:
Head of Office
5. Staff Management
a. Directly: Drivers
b. Directly: Warehouse Assistant(s)
a. Procurement Officer
b. ICT Officer
c. HR Officers
d. Finance Officers
e. SMS Officers
- Completed high school education or higher, logistics, finance, business or other related study;
- Minimum three (3) years of professional work experience, one (1) year of experience working with NGOs would be highly appreciated.
- Experience with Greek procurement regulation.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, flexible and wide understanding of the community’s needs;
- Greek National, or legally allowed to work in Greece;
- Spoken and written fluency Greek and English, other languages would be an asset;
- Patience, a ‘can-do’ mentality and a good sense of humour;
- Strong IT-skills in excel and word;
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Openness to accept ASB’s Greece working values, such as
1. Open, Honest and Professional Relationships
2. On time, Open and clear horizontally and vertically communication
5. Positive Team Work
6. Productive attitude to excellence
7. Recognition and rewarding
8. Pride for the Humanitarian Orientation
9. Willingness for the extra mile
10. Collaboration for professional evolution, training and learning
- Standard twenty-four days of paid leave per year (plus seniority legal additions);
- Extra private life and accident insurance;
- Relocation accommodation bonus, 7 days if the applicant is not a resident, plus flexibility in working schedule the first 15 days to fulfil accommodation research;
- Organizational phone, with monthly credit;
- Transportation to and from work, with an organizational mini bus;
9. Base of Position:
10. Length of contract:
12 Months (3 months of evaluation period plus 9 months or regular fixed term contract if evaluation period is positive).
11. How to apply:
All interested parties are requested to submit their CV and Cover Letter until 18/12/2019 in English to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the “LOG-OFF/IOA ” in the subject field.
By applying to this Job Advertisement, the applicant concedes that ASB Greece will manage any data provided by her/ him until the end of this process and only.
If the applicant wishes for the data to be kept for a period of 6 months, in order to be included in other similar recruitment process, should be clearly stated in the application email by copying the exact following:
“ I concede and allow ASB Greece to keep the documents/ files and data included in them, for a period of 6 months, starting from the date of dispatch, and in order to be used only for the purpose of further recruitment that I might be suitable. I have the right to recall this consent at any point, by sending a written application in the form of email to email@example.com”.