ASB – The Fall of the Berlin Wall

After the fall of the wall in 1989 many citizens of the GDR contacted ASB and wanted to build up new charities. The first ASB-Local-Connection was established in Eastern Germany on the 27th of February in 1990 in Güstrow, Mecklenburg Vorpommern. In autumn of 1990 ASB re-established their services in all German regions. On the 27th of January in 1990 in the living room of the Wangerin family, the first ASB local association on East German soil since 1933 is re-established.